We are looking for an experienced Piping/Stress Engineer to join our Energy team and be part of our journey helping the New Zealand energy sector transition to a greener more sustainable model.
Day to day you will be required to develop fit for purpose mechanical engineering solutions for BCD Group client projects, primarily within the Energy and Resource Industries – typically piping system design and analysis.
We are looking for a motivated, solutions-focused individual who can develop out of the box solutions to complex problems. Someone who thrives on working collaboratively with internal project and technical teams.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Ideally 3 years piping experience
- Ability to assess project scope and battery limits for piping design projects.
- Ability to provide preliminary pipework design recommendations to the wider energy team to facilitate an efficient pipework design process.
- Competently perform stress analysis on pressure piping to B31.3 and other relevant design codes.
- Proven experience being able to deliver mechanical design work on time and to budget.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A competitive remuneration plus benefits package.
- Continued professional development and career advancement in a growing organisation.
- A culture that is based on strong core values that supports the empowerment of our employees.
- A supportive work environment alongside a wide team of like-minded experts.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity with a progressive NZ company, then please apply now.
You must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit to be considered for this position.