Planner - Hamilton
We are seeking self-motivated, confident, reliable and well-organised planner, to join our current planning team in our Hamilton office which is experiencing continued growth.
This will be an exciting and challenging role that will provide you the opportunity to hone your skills in consent preparation, consultation, statutory planning and resource management work for both public and private sector clients across a broad range of environments.
BCD is a locally owned and operated planning and engineering consultancy and has been going strong since 2010. We have grown to 80 staff across our Hamilton, New Plymouth and Tauranga offices and specialise in providing planning, structural, civil and geotechnical engineering consulting services to a wide range of public and private sector clients throughout New Zealand. We have a diverse yet close knit team where social and sporting activities are promoted, and staff development is a big focus. BCD prides itself on team camaraderie and its flexibility and empowerment of staff whilst fostering a positive and rewarding culture.
- A tertiary qualification in planning, geography and/or resource management with an interest in attaining MNZPI and ideally around 2 - 5 years working experience with a sound understanding of consent processing and relevant legislation.
- Preferably some time spent in a consulting environment.
- Ability to manage multiple clients and projects while keeping a sharp eye on detail.
- Good communication skills and great at building relationships.
- Commitment to providing the best outcomes for your clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Exposure to a wide range of challenging projects
- Competitive remuneration package
- Life & Medical Insurance
- Paid professional membership fees
- A culture that is based on strong core values that supports the empowerment of our employees
- Continued professional development and career advancement
- Fantastic flexible working arrangements